This coin is the second in the Royal Canadian Mint’s innovative new series showcasing Canada’s magnificent maple trees from an entirely new and unique perspective, adding creative interest to this ever-popular Canadian icon.
Canadian artist Margaret Best has created a dynamic design showcasing Canada’s cherished maple tree from an exciting and unexpected perspective—from beneath its canopy looking upwards along its trunk towards the outstretched branches above. In the foreground, two coloured leaves gently drift towards the ground to accentuate the maple’s beauty in autumn.
- An exciting keepsake celebrating the maple tree, Canada’s cherished arboreal emblem, from a fresh new perspective.
- An uplifting theme to inspire nature enthusiasts, gardeners, coin collectors as well as anyone with a passion for Canadiana.
- Beautifully crafted in 99.99% pure silver accentuated with eye-catching colour in the leaves to highlight the maple’s beauty in autumn.
- Texture and tonal detailing in the trunk, branches and leaves emphasize the sense of height and depth in this innovative design.
- Second coin in the refreshing new series. 1st coin in the series sold out in 7 days!
Face Value:20 dollars
Composition:99.99% pure silver
Coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mintbranded
maroon clamshell case lined with a black flock and
protected by a black sleeve.
Finished Packaging Size: 67 mm x 67 mm
Advertising Date: August 6, 2013
Launch Date: August 13, 2013
Complete Certificate Text:
Autumn’s maple. From a fresh point of view
O, great arboreal treasure,
eternal source of fire, furniture,
tools and shelter.
Your springtime nectar sustained our founding people for generations.
Sweet maple, you shaped our identity, inspired a nation’s flag,
and gave rise to countless dedications.
In autumn, when fiery colours burst forth from your canopy,
the landscape shines with
beauty and pride.
But only when we venture beneath your outstretched arms,
does your true majesty greet
our admiring eye.
A rugged trunk that towers
towards the sky
and gives silent testimony to
the passage of time.
While endless branches above
offer peaceful habitat,
and beckon children to make-believe
as they climb.
Dear maple, our arboreal mountain,
how we cherish your generous ways.
Shower us with your crimson leaves,
and brighten autumn’s greying days.