As long as there have been people on Earth, there have been explorers—pioneering individuals with one eye trained on the horizon, eager to know what lies beyond, and always ready to break a new trail towards the future. But their adventure never ends, because every destination inspires another. Exploration—that irrepressible spirit of discovery—fuels the life and passion of individuals. It drives the evolution of their community, and ultimately shapes the future of their nation.
Item Number: 132691
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g)*: 23.17
Diameter (mm): 36.07
Face Value: $15
Finish: Matte proof
Artist: John Mantha
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with graphic beauty box
- Explore Canada with this 10-coin series; coins are launched monthly from June 2014 to April 2015, offered individually or in a 10-coin subscription program.
- This is the fifth coin in this exciting 10-coin series showcasing Canadian exploration and history.
- Celebrate Canada’s western extreme—a rugged coastline with countless bays and inlets that continue to inspire awe and mystery to this day; beautifully crafted in this 99.99% pure silver coin.
- A fabulous keepsake that will be cherished by history buffs, amateur cartographers, sailors and outdoor enthusiasts.
- Limited to 15,000 coins worldwide—a highly desirable collectible.
Canadian artist John Mantha has created an inspiring design that honours the many seaborne expeditions that explored the West Coast during the 18th century with a special tribute to George Vancouver (1757-1798). It was Vancouver’s exhaustive surveys of 1792-1794 that finally provided the information landlocked explorers needed to reach the Pacific Ocean through the mountains. The Aboriginal man in the design acknowledges the many First Nations communities that Vancouver met, and who provided critical information on the land.