Royal Canadian Mint
2014 $20 FINE SILVER COIN THE BISON: THE BULL AND HIS MATE
- Maximum Purchase:
- 1 unit
2014 $20 FINE SILVER COIN
THE BISON: THE BULL AND HIS MATE
This coin is part of a 4-piece series that celebrates the bison—the largest land animal in North America, a symbol of strength, and an important part of the history of the Prairies region of Canada.
This 20-dollar coin is 99.99% pure silver, with a metal weight of 31.39 grams and a diameter of 38 millimetres. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt. The reverse image by Canadian artist Trevor Tennant features a female and male plains bison standing side-by-side in the grassy landscape on a summer day. The differences between the two genders are striking when comparing the two side-by-side, with the bull (on the right) towering slightly over the cow (on the left). The bull appears all the more imposing, thanks to the thicker, taller mane on its head.
Composition 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g)* 31.39
Diameter (mm) 38
Face Value $20
Edge Plain with edge
Artist Trevor Tennant
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with custom beauty box
- This finely crafted coin offers a detailed portrait of a female and male plains bison, North America’s largest land-grazing animals.
- This proof coin uses a soft matte finish on the two bison to highlight the finely detailed engraving contrasted against a striking mirror background.
- Fully edge lettered with “1 OZ FINE SILVER 1 OZ ARGENT PUR ”
- A unique gift and collectible that celebrates Canada’s fauna, and a species that shaped the history of the Prairies region of Canada.
- 2013 Bald Eagle, 1st in this series, sold out quickly!
- Comes with a custom graphic beauty box featuring a colourized version of the coin design.
- A striking addition to any Canadiana or animal-themed