Celebrate the history and artistry of Canadian circulation coinage with this fine silver 10-cent piece—part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s new series featuring Canada’s six circulation coins. Each beautiful coin is composed of five ounces of fine silver and features selective gold plating on both the reverse and the obverse.
Item Number: 134869
Composition: 99.99% Fine silver
Weight (g)*: 157.6
Diameter (mm): 65.25
Face Value: 10 Cent
Finish: Proof with selective gold plating
Artist: Emanuel Hahn
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with custom beauty box
- This 5-ounce fine silver 10-cent piece features Canadian artist Emanuel Hahn’s iconic schooner or “Bluenose” design, first issued in 1937. This design has been used continuously on Canadian “dimes,” with only two exceptions.
- Part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting 6-coin series of 5-ounce fine silver versions of Canadian circulation coinage.
- Selective gold plating on both the reverse and obverse sides of the coin makes this series particularly lovely and exceptionally unique.
- With a very limited mintage of only 1,500 coins per issue, this series is sure to be highly sought after by collectors.
- Drawing its inspiration from minting itself, this coin makes an exquisite gift, an inspiring introduction to collecting, or an important addition for any collector interested in Canadian subjects, Canadian and international circulation coinage, or minting history.
The reverse features Canadian artist Emanuel Hahn’s iconic image of a stylized schooner with tall sails flying sailing on the open sea. On the reverse, the schooner and water are gold-plated, as is the raised edge. The reverse is also engraved with the text “CANADA,” the date “2015,” and the face value of “10 CENTS.” The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen E