The cougar is one of Canada’s most powerful, elusive, and beautiful predators. This silent hunter is the perfect subject for the second coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s “Call of the Wild” 3-coin series.
Item Number: 142449
Composition: 99.99 % fine silver
Weight (g)*: 500
Diameter (mm): 85
Face Value: $125
Artist: Pierre Leduc
Packaging: Wooden box with standard beauty box
- Second half-kilogram coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s Call of the Wild series, which celebrates Canada’s wildlife.
- Made from over 16 oz of 99.99% pure silver, with a limited mintage of 1,000 coins.
- Visually striking coin features finely detailed engraving that captures the strength and beauty of one of Canada’s most formidable hunters in the wild: the cougar.
- The coin’s large surface area offers an ideal-sized canvas for finely detailed engraving, adding further relief and luster to the design.
- A stunning example of the Royal Canadian Mint’s internationally renowned artistry and craftsmanship.
The reverse design by Canadian artist Pierre Leduc presents a profile portrait of a cougar in a natural setting. Surrounded by the coniferous forests of the Rocky Mountains, this muscular predator cuts an impressive figure; detailed engraving recreates the cougar’s distinctive features, from its strong jaw line to its delicate whiskers and soft fur. The elusive hunter is depicted with its jaw open in mid-growl, as it releases its thrillingly drawn-out call to the wild.