Few animals are as emblematic of Canada’s rugged, unspoiled wilderness as the grizzly bear (Ursus arctos). Playing a complex role in the biodiversity of western and northern Canada, this largely solitary animal has long been revered as an important cultural and spiritual symbol. With this superb Grizzly Bear series of coins, the Royal Canadian Mint celebrates the majestic animal by depicting different scenes in the life of a grizzly bear.
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g)*: 31.39
Diameter (mm): 38
Face Value: $20
Artist: Lauren Crawshaw
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with custom beauty box
- Crafted from 99.99% pure silver, this 1 oz coin features a stunning portrait of a clash between two male rivals during the grizzly bears’ mating season.
- Part of a new Grizzly Bear series that includes 4 silver coins, 1 gold coin and 1 platinum coin, with each one drawing the viewer into the grizzly bear’s way of life in the Canadian wilderness.
- Previous series for the Bald Eagle, Bison and White-Tailed Deer sold out quickly and with a low mintage of 6,500, each coin is sure to be sought after by collectors.
- With impeccable precision, beautiful edge lettering indicates the coin’s metal weight.
- A beautiful addition to any nature, wildlife and Canadiana-themed collection.
- A thoughtful gift for those who share a love of art or admire Canada’s rugged wilderness and iconic animals.