Bugs. Daffy. Tweety. Sylvester. For many Canadians, the mere mention of these names evoke fond childhood memories of spending Saturday mornings in front of a television, transfixed and spellbound as these characters—and many more—outsmarted each other in situations that could only exist in our imaginations.
Item Number: 144791
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g)*: 62.67
Diameter (mm): 54
Face Value: $30
Artist: Warner Bros.
Packaging: ACME crate with custom beauty box
- Crafted from 99.99% pure silver, this coin is striking thanks to the combined use of selective colour, expert engraving and multiple finishes.
- An ode to a classic Looney Tunes cartoon, the coin’s reverse design depicts a scene from The Rabbit of Seville featuring Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd.
- Each coin comes packaged in a box that mimics an ACME crate, which was a fixture in Looney Tunes shorts whenever a character would have something shipped to them!
- A sentimental coin for any Looney Tunes fan, particularly for those with fond memories of this animation classic.
- A wonderful collectible for those with a passion for animation and its history.
The reverse image, provided by Warner Bros., brings together selective colouring and expert engraving in this ode to the famous and much-loved Looney Tunes short, The Rabbit of Seville. Seen in side-profile and in colour, Elmer Fudd is seated in a barber chair as he leans forward to peer into a mirror held up by a self-possessed Bugs Bunny; upon seeing his reflection, he is shocked to find Bugs’ barbershop antics have resulted in a flowery “mane” of bright red flowers on the top of his bald head. Enhanced by the use of multiple finishes, the engraved background offers a depiction of the stage setting, as seen in the 1950 animated short.
LOONEY TUNES: TM/MC & © WARNER BROS. ENTERTAINMENT INC. (s15)
Available in Canada and the US