As our national banner, Canada’s maple leaf-adorned flag speaks of our sense of belonging to a larger community, one that is a vibrant mosaic of different cultures, languages and beliefs. It represents our history and our identity in this world, as we work together to shape a future for ourselves and for future generations. On the 50th anniversary of the National Flag of Canada, the Royal Canadian Mint commemorates Canada’s most recognisable symbol with this uniquely shaped, fine silver coin.
Item Number: 143144
Composition: 99.99% fine silver
Weight (g)*: 47.34
Diameter (mm): 49.8mm x 28.8mm
Face Value: $50
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with custom beauty box
- A one-of-a-kind coin celebrates the 50th anniversary of Canada’s flag with a unique shape that mimics the flag’s own rectangular outline.
- This is the first rectangular-shaped 1.5 oz coin to be issued by the Royal Canadian Mint.
- Vibrant red and bright white enamel have been meticulously applied to each coin to recreate the famous colours of Canada’s flag.
- A great opportunity for collectors to display their pride for their country through their collection, and to commemorate a milestone in Canadian history.
- A beautiful addition to any Canadiana-themed collection.
- A meaningful gift for those whose love for their country runs deep.
The reverse design features the unmistakable Canadian Flag, with the iconic maple leaf as the centre focal point. The beautiful engraving is richly enhanced by the use of red and white enamel that recreate the flag’s distinctive colours.