It is one of Canada’s oldest and simplest pleasures: as winter sets in, snow-covered hills become playgrounds for families and friends who gather to enjoy the rush of speeding down on sleds and toboggans. Sharing the laughter that comes with each spill and thrill, this fun-filled time spent together creates lifelong memories and touching winter moments, as beautifully depicted with this coin.
Item Number: 146610
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g)*: 15.87
Diameter (mm): 34
Face Value: $10
Artist: Maurade Baynton
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- Life’s everyday worries and cares are nowhere to be seen in this touching scene of a family enjoying a fun activity together on a typical winter day in Canada.
- The treeline along the top of the hill has been meticulously engraved to recreate the feel of a landscape that is freshly covered with freshly-fallen snow.
- Vibrant selective colour recreates the pure white of the powdery snow, providing a bright canvas for the vivid colours of the revellers’ warm winter gear.
- This coin is crafted from 99.99% pure silver, with a limited of mintage of just 7,500 coins.
- Previous Winter Scene coins have been quick to sell out—this one will surely be just as sought after by collectors!
- The perfect gift to share with those who enjoy winter sports or fun in the great outdoors.
- A wonderful holiday gift or stocking stuffer that will put a smile on the recipient’s face.
The reverse image by Canadian artist Maurade Baynton captures the warmth and joy of family members enjoying an activity together in a winter scene. Freshly-fallen snow has created the perfect powdery tobogganing conditions on this hill, where families, friends and pets are taking the opportunity to enjoy time spent together. In the foreground, selective colour naturally draws the eye to a family of four dressed in their warmest snow gear, which adds bright colour to a carefully engraved landscape that would otherwise be dominated by wintry hues of whites and grey. With a scarf draped over his mouth and chin to protect against the cold wind, the youngest child sits at the front of the wooden toboggan; behind him, his rosy-cheeked sister lets out a gleeful shout as they slowly gather momentum. Mother and father sit at the rear where they excitedly look ahead with broad smiles, knowing the thrill that’s to come. Even the family’s pet terrier is in on the fun! In the background, others enjoy the same activity; all remain undaunted by the cold, for they know that any cold hands and cheeks will be warmed later by burning hearth-fires and hot cocoa.