Some of the natural world’s most incredible wonders are also its tiniest! Creepy-crawly or cute, many little creatures can be found in our own backyards and gardens—or on this superb fine silver coin, which pairs a Murano glass element with paint and engraving for a stunning glimpse at the secret world of a snail.
Item Number: 150905
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 31.39
Diameter (mm): 38
Face Value: $20
Artist: Maurice Gervais
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- Discover some of nature’s little creatures with this first release in a three-coin series on Canada’s little creatures!
- A gorgeous combination of colour and engraving, paired with a handcrafted Venetian glass embellishment that captures the wonder of a small snail.
- Handcrafted and hand-blown by master glassmaker Giuliano Donaggio in Murano, Italy.
- Murano glass is internationally renowned for its vibrant colours, and no two glass pieces are alike—each coin is truly a one-of-a-kind artistic collectible!
- Certified to be 99.99% pure silver, this coin is the ninth to feature a Murano glass piece, which is highly sought-after by collectors.
The reverse design by Canadian artist Maurice Gervais captures the delicate beauty of a snail in the Canadian landscape. The use of paint over engraving adds a life-like quality to the branch and leaves of a mountain maple (Acer spicatum). With its saw-toothed edges, the leaf looms large in the background, allowing for a size comparison of the coloured Venetian glass element that beautifully recreates the colours and likeness of a snail with its spiral shell. No two glass pieces are alike—each one is unique and handcrafted by master glassmaker Giuliano Donaggio of Murano, Italy which makes each coin a “little” masterpiece in its own right.