Fearing the actions of a god-like super hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day saviour, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with BATMAN™ and SUPERMAN™ at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.
Weight (g)*: 13.7
Diameter (mm): 35
Face Value: 25 cent
Artist: DC Comics
Packaging: Custom presentation folder
- EACH PACKAGE CONTAINS TWO CARDS! Your coin comes with the Dawn of Justice™ card, PLUS one randomized card with either BATMAN™, SUPERMAN™ or WONDER WOMAN™. Find them all—only 10,000 of each card!
- With the release of the highly anticipated movie Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, the Royal Canadian Mint is excited to introduce an unforgettable collection of coins!
- Inventive lenticular design: As you tilt the coin from side to side, the silhouette of Superman seamlessly transitions into the shadowy figure of Batman.
- They are “two sides of the same coin”: The clever transition from one super hero to the other illustrates that despite being at odds, Batman and Superman share many similarities and a common purpose in the battle against evil and injustice.
- Revisit the thrill of collecting trading cards! Each set comes with two trading cards, including a Batman v Superman card and a randomized card with either Batman, Superman or WONDER WOMAN™. Experience the “thrill of the hunt” by attempting to find one of each!
- The intricate, ultra-modern design combined with expert craftsmanship results in a valuable, one-of-a-kind movie memorabilia that is sure to be treasured by fans and collectors alike.
Established with firm Canadian roots, Superman was the first Super Hero, spawning countless new characters in the DC COMICS™ pantheon. He was the inspiration for a new archetype that not only still exists today, but is more popular than ever. Many important Canadian visionaries continue to shape the DC Comics Universe even today, lending their talents as storytellers and further building on the history that began in 1938.
The reverse design features a dual image that shifts between two ultra-modern, stylized silhouettes of Superman and Batman. The first image plays with light and shadows to present the silhouette of Superman in motion, his cape spread out behind him as he sails through the air and into action. Negative space within Superman’s silhouette cleverly uses the red background to recreate the red S-shield that is famously emblazoned across Superman’s chest. As the coin is tipped, lenticular technology causes the image to change to a second frame, which is a silhouette of Batman against a dark grey background. The cape that stretches from one side of the coin to the other is now webbed, as a bat’s wings would be. The white of Batman’s eyes emerge from the pointed cowl, while the physique that previously bore Superman’s iconic symbol is now filled in as Batman springs into action in the shadows.
BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE and all related characters and elements are trademarks of & © DC Comics and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
WB SHIELD: ™ & © WBEI. (s16)
Sale restricted to Canada and the United States only.