2016 $3 FINE SILVER COIN QUEEN ELIZABETH ROSE
One of the most important qualities any plant can possess is versatility, and the Queen Elizabeth rose has it in spades. For over 60 years, its pink blooms have long been a favourite among Canadian gardeners and florists, who prize this rose variety for its hardiness and beauty—a combination of traits that exemplify Canada itself.
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 7.96
Diameter (mm): 27
Face Value: $3
Artist: Claudio D’Angelo
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- Timeless and elegant, this popular rose is brought to life in exquisite detail thanks to precision engraving and a superb artistic design.
- Pink gold plating technology recreates the distinctive colour of the blooms in a way that captures its beauty and essence.
- The selective plating strikes a colourful contrast against the silver surface of the coin, which is crafted from 99.99% pure silver.
- The coin’s 27-millimetre diameter is perfect for mounting it in a bezel, which offers the option of transforming this gorgeous coin into a one-of-a-kind necklace.
- An unforgettable gift whose bloom will never fade! Perfect for flower or gardening enthusiasts, or for a loved one to mark a special event or occasion.
The reverse design by Canadian artist Claudio D’Angelo features two open blooms of the Queen Elizabeth rose variety. Timeless and elegant, the highly detailed design conveys much of the rose’s delicate beauty through the meticulous engraving, which gives the image its life-like quality. The use of pink gold plating technology on the two blooms further adds to the artistry by representing the Queen Elizabeth rose’s distinctive pink colour, allowing this majestic floral beauty to stand out against the silver background.