2016 $50 FINE SILVER COIN MURANO MAPLE LEAF - AUTUMN RADIANCE
- Maximum Purchase:
- 1 unit
Each autumn, Canada’s landscape undergoes an extraordinary transformation that finds nature at its colourful best! From coast to coast, maple trees are ablaze with radiant reds, brilliant oranges and golden yellows—all the magnificent colours of a Canadian autumn, and those of our mighty maple leaf, that are featured on this fine silver coin.
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g)*: 157.6
Diameter (mm): 65.25
Face Value: $50
Artist: Lisa Thomson-Khan
Packaging: Red lacquered wooden case with black beauty box
- RCM FIRST! The largest Murano glass embellishment ever featured on a coin!
- No two leaves are the same: The unique mix of rich colours within the handcrafted glass element makes your coin a one-of-a-kind collectible!
- Handcrafted by master glassmaker Giuliano Donaggio, Murano glass is renowned for its vibrant colours—a fitting way to celebrate Canada’s dazzling autumn radiance!
- The coin comes packaged in a red lacquered wooden case and enclosed in a black RCM beauty box.
- The delicate beauty of the leaf-shaped Murano glass and the coin’s intricate engraving makes this a timeless, artistic piece that is perfect for those with a deep love for art and nature.
The reverse design by Canadian artist Lisa Thompson-Khan puts Canada’s national symbol front and centre while conveying autumn’s colourful splendours! As though carried to the ground by the autumn breeze, several engraved maple leafs are positioned all along the perimeter. The highly detailed engraving gives them a life-like quality by recreating the veins that run through each lobe; the gentle furl of a fallen leaf; and their unmistakably serrated edge. Alternating finishing techniques make each leaf distinct from the other, and together, they form a circular frame that brings the focus on a large, maple leaf–shaped Venetian glass embellishment. Handcrafted by master glass-maker Giuliano Donaggio of Murano, Italy, the centred glass element is resplendent in the yellows, oranges and reds that are associated with autumn’s colour palette.