The Beloved America the Beautiful Quarters® Program Continues!
It was a party that was just too fun to end! After the U.S. Mint's popular 50 State Quarters® program wrapped up in 2008 and Washington D.C. and the five U.S. territories got their due in 2009, the opportunity arose to create a new program of beautifully unique quarters that celebrate the treasures of a nation. Naturally, since the National Park Service was heading towards its centennial, the choice of the next subject was as clear as the skies over Yosemite. So, starting in 2010, the America the Beautiful Quarters Program was born!
Now into its seventh year of inspiring designs, the program has finally crossed paths with the National Park Service's 100th birthday. While these beautiful and historically significant national parks, forests and monuments were chronologically due to come up in 2016, they provide a perfect representation of American pride from sea to shining sea. This 2016 America the Beautiful Quarters Uncirculated Set gives you all five quarters from the year, including:
- The majestic Shawnee National Forest in Illinois, with a view of Camel Rock and a soaring red-tailed hawk
- Kentucky's Cumberland Gap National Historic Park, dramatizing a frontiersman at the "First Doorway to the West"
- Harpers Ferry National Historical Park in West Virginia, featuring the monumental John Brown's Fort
- Theodore Roosevelt National Park, with the forefather of the National Park Service looking out over the Little Missouri River in North Dakota, and
- Fort Moultrie at Fort Sumter National Monument, featuring Sergeant William Jasper as he runs to protect the flag of South Carolina from the British
Your 2016 America the Beautiful Quarters Proof Set features all five designs as struck by the San Francisco mint using polished dies and specially treated planchets -- resulting in a set that features each intricate design in sharp relief with lustrous mirrored backgrounds. Each set is housed in a clear plastic lens along with mint packaging that features beautiful photography of each site. Collectors of all ages eagerly await these sets to arrive each year, and we're already projecting demand for these 2016 sets to be high. Don't miss out on this opportunity to keep your collection complete or start on a whole new adventure! Get yours today!
|Year of Issue||2016|
|Composition||Copper-Nickel - CuNi|
|Mint Name||San Francisco - S|
|Coin Weight||5.67 Grams - g|