2017 $15 FINE SILVER COIN GREAT CANADIAN OUTDOORS: AROUND THE CAMPFIRE
To be out in the wilderness, away from the hustle and bustle of modern-day living, is truly a breath of fresh air for many Canadians! In a timeless tradition, a roaring campfire represents the perfect end to an activity-filled day; this third coin continues our exploration of Canada’s love for the great outdoors, where photo-luminescent technology adds just the right glow to a quiet campsite.
- A continuing ‘luminous’ celebration of Canada’s enduring love for the great outdoors, as experienced through some of our favourite seasonal activities!
- THIRD in a series of 99.99% pure silver coins that combine full colour, engraving and glow-in-the-dark technology.
- Basking in the warm glow: Step into the moment or relive your own fireside memories through the reverse design, where glow-in-the-dark technology re-creates the light for a life-like experience.
- Magnificent in daylight, breathtaking in the dark: Place the coin under a light source for 30 to 60 seconds to activate the technology, then move into darkness. The night-time setting will still be visible in the dark, even in its capsule!
- A cherished gift to relive shared memories, or simply appreciate Canada’s scenic—and seasonal—splendours.
- A magnificent addition to any collection, particularly those featuring glow-in-the-dark coins.
Item Number: 160613
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 23.17
Diameter (mm): 36.07
Face Value: $15
Artist: Joel Kimmel
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
The reverse design by Joel Kimmel captures the mood in an idyllic lakeside setting, where two campers are enjoying a fireside moment. Blue and purple colours dominate the landscape, where the shadowy shapes of rolling hills and dense forest rise up along the horizon. In the sky, pink hues are the last, lingering reminders of daylight, as a canopy of stars emerges overhead. Glow-in-the-dark technology re-creates the luminous shine of a full moon and its reflection on the lake, where a loon and two chicks are still visible in the moonlight. On the sandy beach, the male camper rests on a rock while the female sits on a log; both are quietly enjoying each other’s company while taking in the beauty of their surroundings. Their profiles are softly illuminated by the warm glow of the campfire “burning” bright at the centre of the coin, not far from the pitched tent that is illuminated from within.