The adage “there is power in numbers” rings true when it comes to the timber wolf (Canis lupus), which prefers to play, hunt and travel in a tight-knit pack of up to 12 wolves. This fine silver coin pays tribute to a keystone species whose howl serves an unmistakable call of the wild—one that puts everyone on alert and asserts the wolf’s reign as master of the land.
Item Number: 160602
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 26.51
Diameter (mm): 38
Face Value: $20
Artist: Tony Bianco
Packaging: Wooden box with graphic beauty box
- THIRD in a breathtaking series of scallop-shaped coins that feature iconic Canadian species in an exclusive group setting.
- An extraordinary opportunity to add this prestigious 99.99% fine silver coin to your collection.
- From the muzzle to the timber wolves’ textured fur, every detail has been painstakingly engraved to create a life-like portrait that truly dazzles.
- A shining example of the Royal Canadian Mint’s artistic vision and world-renowned craftsmanship!
- A magnificent addition to any nature-, wildlife- or Canadiana-themed collection, with a dynamic design that is sure to appeal to collectors, nature lovers and art appreciators alike.
The reverse image by Canadian artist Tony Bianco transports the viewer into the midst of a pack of timber wolves out in the Canadian wilderness. This unique “insider” access allows for a rare close-up of three pack members, with two wolves facing right while the other in the foreground faces left. A side-profile view allows for a close examination of each wolf’s features, which are rendered in finely detailed engraving with advanced shading techniques that give the design a remarkably life-like appearance. Even the engraved texture of the fur conveys movement, as the wolves tilt their heads in unison towards the sky to release their howls into the night air.