2017 COMMEMORATIVE PROOF SET 1967 CENTENNIAL COINS
In 1967, the Royal Canadian Mint celebrated Canada’s centennial with a unique set of circulation coins that bore animal-themed designs by acclaimed artist Alex Colville. Now, as Canada celebrates its 150th anniversary, this special proof set pays tribute to these iconic coins that are prized for their historical value and aesthetic beauty, and cherished for igniting the passion of many life-long collectors.
Proof: Alex Colville and Thomas Shingles
Packaging: genuine leather book-style packaging
- A contemporary re-issue of the 1967 Centennial coins, as they appeared in the 1967 Specimen Set, featuring each denomination in its original size and a $20 coin bearing the Coat of Arms.
- Each coin is struck in 99.99% pure silver—the highest quality of silver available from the Royal Canadian Mint, and a higher purity level than seen in the original 1967 coins.
- The proof quality of the coins is enhanced with modern polishing techniques that highlight the meticulous engraving of each subject. For added historical authenticity, the obverse features the second effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, as it appeared on the 1967 circulation coins.
- Comes in genuine leather, book-style packaging that provides an elegant way to proudly showcase these coins together.
- A beautiful addition to any Canadiana-, history-themed and circulation coin collections.
All seven coins are crafted in 99.99% pure silver, with each one bearing a similar reverse design as the 1967 Centennial set of circulation coins designed by Canadian artist Alex Colville. Precision engraving recreates the iconic rock dove, rabbit, mackerel, bobcat, wolf and Canada goose featured on the 1-cent, 5-cent, 10-cent, 25-cent, 50-cent and 1-dollar coins, respectively. The set also includes a $20 coin, which shines brightly thanks to the full gold plating that beautifully showcases the engraved Coat of Arms—as does the gold-plated 1-cent coin. Each coin has been carefully polished to ensure a stunning proof finish that showcases the artistry and expert craftsmanship behind this timely tribute to some of Canada’s most beloved coins. The obverse features the second effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Arnold Machin.