2019 $25 FINE SILVER COIN NEW YORK RANGERS®: MARK MESSIER
The consummate leader during his time with the New York Rangers (1991-1997, 2000-2004), Mark Messier is one of the NHL stars featured in this rectangular-shaped tribute to legendary Canadian leaders of an Original Six team.
Item Number: 166646
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight: 47.35 g
Diameter: 49.8 mm x 28.6 mm
Face Value: $25
Packaging: Black clamshell with graphic beauty box
- Six teams, six legendary leaders. This series of rectangular coins highlights some of the Canadian members of the Hockey Hall of Fame who famously captained an Original Six NHL team.
- An official licensed product of the NHL® and the Hockey Hall of Fame.
- A photographic tribute. The reverse features a full-colour reproduction of an official licensed photo by the Hockey Hall of Fame.
- A mix of engraving, finishes and colour extends the hockey theme beyond the image, to the engraved frame on the reverse, which includes the player’s name and the NHL team’s colour logo.
- Some of the game’s greatest. These team leaders are all highly respected. Collect all six coins to complete your all-star set.
- One for the fans! Whether a gift or an addition to your own collection, this coin is a special way of celebrating the game through some of the players who captained the NHL’s most storied teams.
The rectangular reverse features an official licensed photograph from the Hockey Hall of Fame. Reproduced in full colour, the action shot of Mark Messier was taken during his tenure as captain of the New York Rangers (1991-1997, 2001-2004). The image of the Edmonton-born player is set within an engraved frame along with the colour logo of the New York Rangers and the player’s name. The face value, “25 DOLLARS”, is also engraved above the year “2019”. The obverse includes the engraved word “CANADA” and features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.