For more than 200 years, there have been reports of an eerie apparition in Chaleur Bay and in the Northumberland Strait. Some describe a glowing ball of fire; others have seen a manned, three-masted ship with sails all aflame.
Those who have attempted a rescue remember approaching the glowing vessel, only for the ship to suddenly vanish without a trace…
The perfect gift for someone who enjoys a good ghost story.
- Black light flashlight included with each coin. The engraved scene is stunning in any light, but the true story unfolds when you view your coin’s reverse under a black light (included), which will activate the technology.
- A fun exploration of folklore. Travel to Atlantic Canada to uncover one of Canada’s most famous ghost stories. Is it an optical illusion? Is the ship doomed to haunt our eastern waters? It’s a fascinating story that culminates with an exciting reveal on this coin!
- Popular with collectors. Previous coins that featured this technology have sold out (see the 2019 Lights of Parliament Hill coin).
- A fun, engaging theme. The perfect gift for someone who enjoys a good ghost story, and an opportunity to show young collectors how fun this hobby can be!
- Low mintage. Limited to 1,500 coins worldwide.
- Includes serialized certificate. Regardless of special packaging, the Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- No GST/HST
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.