The Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra has been performing for audiences since the mid 19th century and is one of the world's most respected musical performers. The Austrian Mint has paid tribute to this iconic orchestra through its depiction on coinage. While the gold philharmonic coin was the first to be minted, the Austrian Mint added a silver Philharmonic coin in 1989. The Austrian Mint celebrates the 25 year anniversary of the Philharmonic coin by placing a 1 oz silver Philharmonic coin within a
2 oz silver bar.
Mount the Vienna Philharmonic coin within the face of the bar to create a stunning combination. Don't be disappointed, order yours today before they're all gone!
- 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE VIENNA PHILHARMONIC COIN! For this special 25th anniversary product, you receive a 2 oz. silver bar with an inset space for your 2014 1 oz. Vienna Philharmonic coin!
- THREE OZ. PURE SILVER! Your silver bar is 2 oz. 99.9% pure silver and your coin is 1 oz. 99.9 pure silver for a combined weight of 3 oz. In addition, coin and bar set have no GST/HST!
- ONLY 2,500 MADE! Your plastic case is individually numbered guaranteeing the authenticity and strict limitation of 2,500 sets worldwide!
- PREMIUM WOODEN BOX! Includes certificate of authenticity!
- The coin and bar come in a plastic capsule to protect its beautiful design.
About the coin and bar design:
The Austrian Philharmonic silver coin is one of the most popular silver coins in Europe and the world. This coin has been produced by the Austrian Mint since 2008 and carries a face value of 1.5 euro. The design for the Austrian Philharmonic was originally created by Thomas Pesendorfer for the 1989 release of the Philharmonic coin. The design has remained unchanged since its introduction. The obverse features a pipe organ from the Musikverein concert hall where the orchestra performs. The reverse of the Philharmonic features an assortment of musical instruments. The 2oz. silver bar features musical notes, the bar's weight and the silver purity.