Celebrate the history and artistry of Canadian circulation coinage with this fine silver 5-cent piece—part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s new series featuring Canada’s six circulation coins. Each beautiful coin is composed of five ounces of fine silver and features selective colour on the reverse.
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g)*: 157.6
Diameter (mm): 65.25
Face Value: 5-cent
Artist: G. E. Kruger-Gray
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with graphic beauty box
- This 5-ounce fine silver 5-cent coin features British artist G. E. Kruger-Gray’s iconic beaver design, first issued in 1937. This design has been used continuously on Canadian “nickels” with only a few notable exceptions.
- Part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting 6-coin series of 5-ounce fine silver versions of Canada’s 5-cent, 10-cent, 25-cent, 50-cent, 1-dollar, and 2-dollar circulation coins.
- Selective colour on the reverse of each coin makes this series particularly lovely and exceptionally unique.
- Subscribe to the series to get a complimentary custom collector case that holds all six coins. Only 350 subscriptions will be sold worldwide.
- With only 350 subscriptions available globally and a very limited mintage of only 1,500 coins per issue, this series is sure to be highly sought after by collectors.
- Drawing its inspiration from minting itself, this coin makes an exquisite gift, an inspiring introduction to collecting, or an important addition for any collector interested in Canadian subjects, Canadian and international circulation coinage, or minting history.
The reverse features British artist G. E. Kruger-Gray’s iconic design featuring the left profile of a beaver standing on a rock surrounded by water. The beaver and the water are coloured in natural shades of brown and blue. The reverse is also engraved with the text “CANADA”, the face value of “5 CENTS” and the date “2016”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.