A celebration of the iconic art that has graced the covers of Superman comic books throughout all eras of Superman’s tenure, from 1938 to the present.
Item Number: 133888
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g)*: 31.39
Diameter (mm): 38
Face Value: $20
Artist: DC Comics
Packaging: Premium graphic case
- Inspired by the cover of Superman Annual #1, Supermanis depicted in all of his greatness.
- Different finishes and expert engraving bring thedynamic movement of the reverse image to life, creatingthe impression that Superman is stepping out of thecoin.
- Advanced engraving techniques are used to frame theimage within a series of concentric circles to createadded depth and motion to the design.
- Limited mintage for this fine silver (99.99% pure) coin isset to only 10,000.
- A great gift for collectors and Superman fans.
Taken from Superman Annual #1, the coin’s reverse image depicts the Superman of the New 52 universe as though he is stepping out of the image’s field. As flashes of light crackle around him, his fixed, heated glare conveys strength and power. His blue and red Kryptonian battle armour is on full display; his familiar red cape crisply extends behind him as he moves away from the glinting Fortress of Solitude seen along the left edge. A series of concentric circles frame the image, further contributing to the design’s dynamic movement by creating an optical effect of motion.