Oh, the Great Canadian Winter! At once beautiful and harsh, it is a season that has captured imaginations for centuries.
Homesteaders demonstrated boundless fortitude and adaptability as they faced the challenges of pioneer life in winter. Travelling any distance often required snowshoes or a sled, to avoid becoming bogged down in snow that quickly became hip deep!
Despite these hardships, early settlers maintained a sense of play. Neighbours would gather to slide on frozen lakes or down hills on toboggans, built snowmen, and did battle with snowball; always aware that a warm, glowing fire awaited their return a special wintry comfort that continues to warm hearts to this day.
Item Number: 111548
Face Value: 20 dollars
Composition: 92.5% silver, 7.5% copper
Weight (g): 27.78
Diameter (mm): 40
- Bring home a magnificent piece of art by artist Québec Rémi Clark. Clark’s works are well known for his ability to draw on a wide range of subjects to highlight the joys of family life in scenes of daily life.
- This family scene’s unique design evokes the pleasures of a peaceful walk in the snow with lucidity, candour, and feeling, and demonstrates why Clark's paintings are said to uniquely mirror life in Charlevoix.
- This coin’s combination of frosting, brilliant and natural finishes give the appearance of movement in the snow, and give definition to the trees along the path. Depth of field has been used to show the distance between the two people and their home. This limited edition winter scene, with only 8,000 coins available worldwide, will appeal to all winter lovers inspired by the stark simplicity of rural life, and art appreciators seeking the work of talented Canadian artists.
- This piece’s intricate and elegant design reveals the exceptional talents of the artist, the engraver and unparalleled RCM craftsmanship.
- Make this unique coin yours today!
Each coin is encapsulated and presented in a maroon clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a black sleeve. A great story accompanies the coin and is available on its serialized certificate.