There’s a great tradition of storytelling across Canada, where many of us share a fascination with tales of unexplained apparitions, supernatural beings and haunted places—even if some might send shivers down one’s spine! The Haunted Canada series continues to bring some of Canada’s most beloved spooky tales to life, including an eerie encounter on Newfoundland and Labrador’s Bell Island
Item Number: 154468
Composition: Three-ply nickel finish plated steel
Diameter (mm): 35
Face Value: 25 cent
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- Third and final in the heart-pounding Haunted Canada series of coins, featuring some of Canada’s legendary ghost stories!
- The two-image lenticular design brings you face-to-face with the ghost of Bell Island—tilt it from side to side to see her haunting transformation!
- The two previous coins in the series were quick to sell out—order yours today!
- A unique and memorable gift for those who enjoy a good ghost story.
- A sure conversation-starter, and an exciting way to introduce a young person to the world of coin collecting!
- A fantastic addition to any lenticular or Canadiana-themed collection.
The reverse design uses lenticular technology to masterful effect, recreating an eerie encounter on a dark night. The glow of a hand-held lantern provides the only light for one anxious young man, who is making his way through the marshes near Dobbin’s Gardens. The first image finds the young man nervously looking over his shoulder, as behind him, an ethereal female figure dressed in white appears to hover over him. Tilting the coin to the other side reveals a frightening transformation: the ghost’s youthful appearance has suddenly aged while the facial features and hands are twisted in a terrifying manner! The young man’s expression is one of sheer terror as both he and the ghost look out from the coin and directly at the viewer. Framing the reverse is an outer rim in which the words “CANADA” the face value “25 CENTS” and the year “2016” are engraved.