2014 $20 FINE SILVER COIN BALD EAGLE
This proof-quality 99.99% pure silver coin is part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting 2014 five coin series featuring the beautiful and powerful Bald Eagle—an iconic North American pecies. Here, we see the Bald Eagle as it strikes an unsuspecting fish.
Item Number: 130524
Composition: 99.99% fine silver
Weight (g): 31.39
Diameter (mm): 38
Face Value: $20
Artist: Claudio D’Angelo
Packaging: Maroon clamshell box with black beauty slip cover
- This proof-quality coin is part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s 2014 five-part series of fine silver, gold, and platinum coins featuring four “day in the life” scenes of the iconic Bald Eagle.
- The eagle is skilfully engraved in pure silver by worldrenowned Royal Canadian Mint engravers to capture the energy and momentum of the subject.
- The highly detailed design beautifully conveys the energy and speed of the eagle as it snatches a salmon from the water.
- Against a brilliantly mirrored sky, the eagle has been carefully frosted to a soft matte finish.
- Collect the entire series to complete the story of a day in the life of the great Bald Eagle as it rests, soars, hunts, and returns to its perch with the day’s food.
- A low mintage of only 8,500 coins means that this edition is sure to be sought after by collectors.
- The Royal Canadian Mint’s 2013 Bald Eagles sold out quickly.
The reverse image by Canadian artist Claudio D’Angelo features a Bald Eagle just having caught a fish. In the lower left side of the image, the water splashes high as the eagle wrenches the fish from its watery home. The eagle dominates the image, its stunning wings spread wide as it is viewed in full-body profile from its right side. Here we see the Bald Eagle’s characteristic dark body and wings, white head and tail, and powerful legs and talons. In the distant background, a rocky point dotted with sparse conifers reaches out into the water, showcasing the Bald Eagle’s preference for isolated waterside habitats.