2014 $20 FINE SILVER COIN SOARING BALD EAGLE
This proof-quality 99.99% pure silver painted coin is part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting 2014 five-coin series featuring the beautiful and powerful Bald Eagle—an iconic North American species. Here, as it soars high above the Canadian wilderness, the Bald Eagle is shown in flight, wheeling high in the air as it positions itself to dive.
Composition: 99.99% fine silver with colour
Weight (g)*: 31.39
Diameter (mm): 38
Face Value: $20
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
Finished size: 67 mm x 67 mm
- This proof-quality coloured coin is part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s 2014 five-part series of fine silver, gold, and platinum coins featuring four “day in the life” scenes of the iconic Bald Eagle.
- The soaring eagle is highlighted in beautiful full colour, set against a skilfully engraved background.
- Multiple finishes have been used to accent the stunning coastal landscape the Eagle is soaring over.
- Collect the entire series to complete the story of a day in the life of the great Bald Eagle as it rests, soars, hunts, and returns to its perch with the day’s food.
- Celebrate the life and habits of an astonishing Canadian predator.
- A low mintage of only 8,500 coins means that this edition is sure to be sought after by collectors.
- The Royal Canadian Mint’s highly popular Bald Eagles sell out quickly.
The reverse image by Canadian artist Claudio D’Angelo features a unique portrait of a Bald Eagle in flight. As the eagle turns abruptly in mid-air, angling itself to dive, we are presented with a view of the graceful raptor’s underside. Its outstretched wings, dark body, powerful legs, white tail and head, and yellow beak and talons are presented in stunning detail and full colour through selective paint application. In the background, we see the isolated shoreline of the body of water below. A steep pine-covered hill rises to the left, its rocky shore dotted with islands and outcroppings. In the far distance, a similar shoreline rises on the opposite side of the water.