2014 $25 FINE SILVER COIN
O CANADA - SCENIC SKIING IN CANADA
- The second one ounce pure silver coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s O Canada series focusing on iconic Canadian images, this beautiful coin celebrates the rich history and symbolism associated with the Canadian sport, downhill skiing.
- The second one ounce pure silver coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting new 2014 O Canada series featuring iconic images celebrating all that makes Canada unique!
- Masterfully crafted by Royal Canadian Mint engravers using a variety of engraving techniques and finishes to bring depth and texture to the artist’s original watercolour depiction of an iconic Canadian winter experience.
- Own a piece of Canada’s natural beauty, painstakingly captured in a full ounce of 99.99% pure silver.
- A beautiful gift or collectible for those who love skiing, winter sports, the outdoors, natural images, original artwork, and Canadian themes.
This 1-ounce coin is 99.99% pure silver, with a diameter of 38 millimetres and a metal weight of 31.39 grams. The dynamic reverse design by Canadian artist Kendra Dixon presents a panoramic view of scenic downhill skiing in the Canadian Rockies. In the lower right foreground of the image, the viewer looks downhill toward the back of a skier sweeping gracefully down a freshly snow-covered mountainside, swerving carefully along the open slope lined with snow-covered conifers. In the distance, we are presented with a stunning panoramic mountain backdrop of unique grandeur as the rugged peaks of the Rockies roll into the vast distance. Royal Canadian Mint engravers have carefully used a variety of finishes and engraving techniques to capture the tonal depth of the original watercolour.
Composition 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g)* 31.39
Diameter (mm) 38
Face Value $25
Artist Kendra Dixson
Packaging: Marron clamshell with custom beauty box
Finished size 67 mm x 67 mm
Master Pack 75