The first 1 ounce pure silver coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s O Canada series focusing on iconic Canadian images, this beautiful coin celebrates the unique Igloo.
Composition: Fine silver
Weight (g): 31.39
Diameter (mm): 38
Face Value: $25
Artist: Yves Berube
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with custom beauty box
Finished size: 67 mm x 67 mm
- The first coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting new 2014 O Canada series featuring iconic images celebrating all that makes Canada unique!
- Masterfully crafted by Royal Canadian Mint engravers and struck in premium proof finish to bring this stunning Arctic image to life.
- A limited mintage of only 8,500 coins means that this piece is sure to be sought after by collectors.
- Own a piece of Canada’s North, beautifully captured in one ounce of 99.99% pure silver.
- An excellent addition to any nature-focused, Northern, or Canadiana collection.
- A beautiful gift or collectible for those who love Canada’s North, Inuit and First Nations heritage, historical images, nature, original artwork, and Canadian themes.
This 1-ounce coin is certified to be 99.99% pure silver with a diameter of 38 millimetres and a metal weight of 31.39 grams. The reverse design by Canadian artist Yves Berube features that iconic Arctic structure: the igloo. The image presents an Inuit family perfecting the exterior of their home. The man stands on the right side of the image, cutting out a small square for light. This he may fill with a block of clear ice—an ice window. On the left side of the image, a woman carrying a baby in an amaut on her back carefully perfects the igloo’s exterior. A leashed and harnessed Husky sled dog stands before the dwelling’s circular entry tunnel, awaiting his call to duty. The image is framed with a polished outer circle engraved with the word “CANADA,” the date “2014,” the face value of “25 DOLLARS” and a small stylized igloo. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.