Steady on its feet, the majestic polar bear (Ursus maritimus) uses its large paws to move through the changing landscape—be it deep snow, Arctic waters, or over thin ice. This fine silver coin walks in the footsteps of North America’s largest land carnivore, whose resilience makes it a powerful and fitting icon of the Canadian Arcti
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g)*: 31,39
Diameter (mm): 38
Face Value: $20
Edge: Plain with edge pattern
Artist: Claudio D’Angelo
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with custom beauty box
- A magnificent wildlife portrait of an iconic symbol of the True North!
- Second coin in a series that features animal prints engraved all along the coin’s edge in a continuous pattern!
- Enhanced by various finishing techniques, precision engraving captures the polar bear’s iconic features and its Arctic habitat in outstanding detail.
- Crafted in fine silver (99.99% pure) with a limited mintage of 7,500 coins.
- A superb collectible that celebrates the beauty of nature and Canadian wildlife.
- A timeless gift for a nature lover or outdoor enthusiast.
The reverse design by Canadian artist Claudio D’Angelo features a detailed side profile view of a polar bear (Ursus maritimus) against the landscape of the Canadian Arctic. Moving across the snow-covered ice and rocks, a polar bear extends its elongated neck to vocalize, while its gaze remains fixed on what lies beyond the coin’s rim. Advanced finishing techniques enhance the precision engraving that captures the polar bear’s likeness in stunning detail, from the texture of its dense fur to its facial features. Its left forepaw is suspended in air, mid-step; meanwhile, the sea ice gives way to open water in the background, where tall glaciers and icebergs rise up along the horizon. The entire design gains an added sense of movement through the bear’s distinctive paw prints, which are engraved on the coin’s edge in a continuous pattern.