Like pieces of a puzzle, Canada and its history have been shaped by the many who have come together to define this nation through its people. In this spirit, the Royal Canadian Mint introduces a quartet of coins whose individual reverse images come together to form a single, complete image of a proud Canadian icon.
Item Number: 151530
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 11.85 (each)
Diameter (mm): 27 mm x 27mm square (each)
Face Value: $3 (each)
Finish: Reverse proof
Artist: Celia Godkin
Packaging: Presented in a clamshell case with a graphic beauty box
- RCM FIRST: A quartet of square fine silver coins, each crafted from 99.99% pure silver in a striking reverse proof finish!
- ANOTHER FIRST: an innovative multi-coin arrangement! Each reverse features a portion of the overall design; when the four coins are positioned side-by-side in a square, they form an exquisitely engraved Canadian icon: a sugar maple leaf!
- Each coin is crafted from 99.99% pure silver.
- The four square coins are individually encapsulated and beautifully packaged together, side-by-side and in position, in order to showcase the complete image without the need to remove them from the case.
- A timeless celebration of Canada, and how Canadians of all ages, backgrounds, cultures and beliefs come together to shape this nation!
- The set’s limited mintage and innovative design will make this sought-after by collectors!
In a unique twist, each of the four coins in this set feature a portion of a reverse design by Canadian artist Celia Godkin. Highly detailed engraving recreates the stunning natural beauty of the sugar maple leaf (Acer saccharum), as it would appear in a natural setting. From the leaf’s softly wavy edges to the deep veins that run through each lobe, the fine details infuse this design with a life-like sense of depth, dimension and texture. The unparalleled craftsmanship is stunning on each individual coin but together, the four reverse images form the powerful image of a complete maple leaf, which is a touching celebration of Canada and all that defines it. Also engraved on the reverse are the purity “FINE SILVER ¼ OZ ARGENT PUR 9999”, the word “CANADA” and the year “2017”. The obverse features the face value “3 DOLLARS” and the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth by Susanna Blunt.