Throughout its 25-year history, the Star of Military Valour represents a nation’s recognition of members of the Canadian Forces and comrades-in-arms for “distinguished and valiant service in the presence of the enemy.” The star-shaped insignia has been faithfully reproduced on the reverse of this fine silver coin, which serves as both a tribute piece and a celebration of extraordinary valour in combat.
Item Number: 164525
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight: 31.83 g
Diameter: 40 mm
Face Value: $20
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- Exceptional series, exceptional Canadians: FIFTH coin in a series showcasing some of the highest honours and distinctions in the Canadian Honours System.
- 25 years of recognizing courage in combat. A special tribute to the recipients of the Star of Military Valour, which celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2018.
- This coin combines precision engraving with a complex colour application, and all in a proof finish that makes this a stunning collectible and a poignant tribute piece.
- Translucent paint over engraving adds the true colours of the actual Star, which is also meticulously crafted by the Royal Canadian Mint.
- A first-time collecting opportunity: This is the first time the Star of Military Valour has appeared on a 99.99% pure silver coin!
- High demand: Previous coins in the series have sold out quickly—hurry, order yours today!
- The perfect addition to any history-themed collection, and a unique way of paying tribute to those whose actions in combat speaks of outstanding courage, selflessness and an unwavering dedication to duty.
The reverse features a detailed reproduction of the Star of Military Valour, one of three Military Valour Decorations established in 1993. As originally designed by the late Bruce W. Beatty, C.M., S.O.M., C.D., the four-pointed gold star is patterned after the Star of Courage, with sculpted maple leaves positioned at each of the four angles. The Star’s colours are replicated by an application of red, silver and gold translucent paint over the engraved elements—especially the maple leaf superimposed in the centre and surrounded by a laurel wreath. The reverse includes the engraved commemorative dates “1993” and “2018”, as well as the word “CANADA”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.