The jingle of bells, the patter of hooves: these are the sounds many children yearn to hear each Christmas Eve! This fine silver coin re-kindles a sense of wonder and enchantment in all of us, with a Murano glass reindeer that reminds us of the magic of each holiday season in Canada.
Item Number: 161737
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 31.39
Diameter (mm): 38
Face Value: $20
Artist: Anna Bucciarelli
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- Give the gift of wonder: Spread some holiday cheer with a 99.99% fine silver coin that captures the magic of Christmas.
- Precision engraving is paired with a rich colour application that beautifully complements the main design element: a Murano glass reindeer.
- Expertly handcrafted by Italian glassmakers, every reindeer is unique to each coin. With an outstanding amount of details on such a small scale, the colourful clarity of the reindeer is testament to the centuries-old techniques that have made Murano glass such a highly prized artform.
- An annual favourite among collectors, this Murano-embellished coin connects with the youthful sense of hope and enchantment in all of us!
- A soon-to-be-treasured keepsake for all ages! The artistry helps preserve fun memories of holidays past and present, which often set the tone for a lifetime of special holiday moments.
The reverse design by Canadian artist Anna Bucciarelli takes to the skies on Christmas Eve to capture the magic of the holiday season! The snow-blanketed setting below features colour over engraving that re-creates mountains, tall evergreens and a row of homes. As night falls, indoor lighting casts a warm glow from within, while just beyond a front door lies a snowman that hints at the presence of children. But the viewer’s gaze naturally gravitates towards the “sky” that fills most of the field, where precision-engraved snowflakes are as unique and intricate as their real-life counterparts. Laden with toys and gifts, Santa’s red and gold-coloured sleigh makes its way through this gentle snowfall, pulled by an exquisite Murano glass reindeer. The colourful reindeer-shaped piece is handcrafted by Italian glassmakers, and is unique to each coin. No easy feat on such a small scale, this merry Murano reindeer features a breathtaking amount of colourful detail: from the dark-coloured antlers and hooves, to the bell-dotted harness that famously jingles on this magical night. The reverse also features the engraved word “CANADA”, the year “2018” and the face value “20 DOLLARS”.