Since its introduction in 1988, the Silver Maple Leaf has become one of the most well known bullion investment coins in the world. Investors and collectors alike have prized it for its quality, purity and value, along with the intricacy of its design. With this reverse proof silver numismatic coin, the Royal Canadian Mint celebrates its success while also paying tribute to the American Numismatic Association, host of the 2016 World’s Fair of Money.
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 31.39
Diameter (mm): 38
Face Value: $5
Finish: Reverse proof
Artist: RCM engravers
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- A numismatic tribute to the Royal Canadian Mint’s internationally renowned Silver Maple Leaf bullion coins.
- The state flower of California, the poppy (Eschscholzia californica), is micro engraved as a privy mark to celebrate the Royal Canadian Mint’s attendance at the 2016 ANA World’s Fair of Money, held in Anaheim, California.
- Officially authorized by the ANA World’s Fair of Money.
- Previous versions of this coin have sold out!
- Intricately engraved and particularly striking with its rare reverse proof finish, the frosted background beautifully showcases the brilliant raised elements, which have been premium struck for added depth, dimension and detail.
- Serves as a magnificent showcase that speaks of the outstanding artistry and craftsmanship of Royal Canadian Mint engravers.
- An outstanding addition to any collection but particularly one that celebrates the Canadian spirit and national pride, both at home and abroad.
Unchanged from each bullion coin issued annually, the iconic maple leaf—that mighty national symbol of Canada, its people and its pride—is featured on the reverse of this fine silver numismatic coin. Intricately engraved in fine detail, the single leaf’s serrated edges and deeply veined lobes are rendered in a way that adds texture to the leaf, which shimmers in a brilliant finish set against the frosted background. The official flower of the state of California, the California Poppy (Eschscholzia californica), is micro engraved on a small area of the reverse Remarkably detailed on such a small scale, this unique privy mark stands as a celebration of the Mint’s attendance at the 2016 ANA World’s Fair of Money in Anaheim, Cal., as further indicated by the engraved acronym “ANA” and the word “ANAHEIM”. The word “CANADA” and the face value are also engraved on the reverse, while the obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.