The sixth coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting new O Canada series focusing on iconic Canadian images, this beautiful coin celebrates the powerful wolf—one of Canada’s most fascinating native species.
The reverse design by Canadian artists Pierre Leduc presents a full-body portrait of a lone wolf in a Canadian forest. The wolf stands at ease, tail relaxed behind it; nevertheless, its bent hind paws appear ready to leap to safety at a moment’s notice. The wolf gazes towards the viewer, its mouth low and slightly open in a wolfish grin. Its thick fur, sharp claws, and pointed ears are rendered in dimensional detail through exquisite engraving. The wolf stands atop a rocky outcropping amid small mosses and lichens. In the background, a stand of evergreens rises above and behind the central image. The reverse image is framed with a border engraved with the word “CANADA,” the date “2013,” the face value of “10 DOLLARS,” and a stylized wolf paw-print. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- This is the sixth coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting new O Canada ½ oz silver coin series. The series focuses on iconic Canadian images to celebrate all that makes Canada unique. Rendered in 99.99% pure silver with limited mintage, this coin is sure to be sought after by collectors.
- Future coins in this series include images on the Maple Leaf and other iconic Canadian images.
- The monthly subscription series sold out quickly.
- This beautiful silver coin comes in a clamshell case encased in a special full-colour beauty box.
- A great gift and collectible to celebrate Canada’s natural wonders, the Canadian North, Canada’s Arctic sovereignty, and the country’s unique iconography.
Face Value: 10 dollars
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 15.87
Diameter (mm): 34
Artist: Pierre Leduc
Advertising Date: November 4, 2012
Launch Date: June 11, 2013
Each coin is encapsulated and presented in a maroon clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a customized full color sleeve.
Finished size: 67 mm x 67 mm