First 1 oz silver coin in our new O Canada subscription! Order yours today!The iconic image of the beaver reaches back to Canada's earliest roots. This resilient animal, unmatched except by humans for its ability to manipulate the land to its own ends, symbolizes the wealth of resources and innovation that have allowed Canada to evolve from a fur-trading outpost to a sovereign nation. The beaver's persistence, penchant for hard work and adaptability are qualities that Canadians hold dear.
Your coin is the first coin in our new 1 oz fine silver O Canada series, which focuses on iconic Canadian animals to celebrate Canada. Order your coin today!
• NEW! First coin in our new 1 oz fine silver O Canada series.
• Your coin is rendered in fine silver (99.99% pure) and is GST/HST exempt.
• Future coins in this series include images of the Polar Bear, Caribou, Wolf and Orca, and are available as part of a subscription.
• Struck in premium proof finish with a mirrored background, this beautiful silver coin features an entire family of beavers in their natural habitat.
• Engraved in exquisite detail to celebrate one of Canada's most important national icons.
• Limited mintage of 8,500 worldwide.
Designed by Canadian artist Pierre Leduc, your coin features a portrait of a beaver mother and two kits. The mother is viewed from behind with the right side of her body set in profile, gazing at her two small kits who nestle in the curve of their mother's tail and body. The adult's iconic leathery tail is fully visible, its scale-like surface rendered in textural detail. In the background, you see the beavers' home pond with a twig structure. In the far distance, the shoreline is dotted with leafy deciduous trees, which are preferred by the beaver. Framing the reverse image is an outer band featuring the word "CANADA," the date "2013," and the face value of "25 DOLLARS," as well as a small stylized beaver paw print symbol.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a maroon clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a customized beauty box.
An excellent addition to any collection focused around nature.
Composition: fine silver (99.99% pure)
Weight (g) 31.39
Diameter (mm) 38
Face value: 25 dollars
Artist: Pierre Leduc (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)