The second coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s O Canada series focusing on iconic Canadian images, this beautiful coin celebrates the enigmatic grizzly bear.
Composition: Fine silver
Weight (g): 15.87
Diameter (mm): 34
Face Value: $10
Finish: Matte Proof
Artist: Glen Loates
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with custom beauty box
Finished size: 67 mm x 67 mm
- The second coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting new 2014 O Canada series featuring iconic images celebrating all that makes Canada unique!
- Masterfully crafted by Royal Canadian Mint engravers using a variety of engraving techniques and finishes to bring depth and texture to this stunning image of Canadian wildlife.
- A limited mintage of 40,000 coins means that this piece is sure to be sought after by collectors.
- Own a piece of Canada’s natural beauty, painstakingly captured in a half-ounce of 99.99% pure silver.
- An excellent addition to any nature-focused or Canadiana collection.
- A beautiful gift or collectible for those who love wildlife, natural images, original artwork, and Canadian themes.
This half-ounce silver coin is 99.99% pure silver, with a diameter of 34 millimetres and a metal weight of 15.87 grams. The reverse design by Canadian artist Glen Loates presents a full-body profile portrait of a grizzly bear. The massive grizzly is presented from its left side, its enormously powerful musculature and shaggy silver-tipped fur showcased to stunning effect. The bear’s mouth is slightly open as it clambers over a log atop a rocky outcropping. Its pointed snout gives way to a massive head bearing distinctive small eyes and ears. The bear’s large neck is lowered as it scans the ground. Its enormous shoulder muscles, large neck hump, powerful abdomen, and low rump are rendered in dimensional detail by Royal Canadian Mint engravers. The reverse is engraved with the word “CANADA,” the date “2014,” and the face value of “10 DOLLARS.” The outer frame of the image also features a miniature stylized grizzly head in profile. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt