The eighth coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting 2014 O Canada series focusing on iconic Canadian images, this coin features one of Canada’s most potent wildlife symbols: the ancient and powerful bison.
Item Number: 129315
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g)*: 15.87
Diameter (mm): 34
Face Value: $10
Finish: Matte Proof
Artist: Trevor Tenant
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with custom beauty box
Finished size: 67 mm x 67 mm
- The eighth coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting 2014 O Canada series featuring iconic images celebrating all that makes Canada unique!
- Masterfully crafted by Royal Canadian Mint engravers using a variety of engraving techniques and finishes to bring depth and texture to this stunning image of Canadian wildlife.
- A limited mintage of 40,000 coins means that this piece is sure to be sought after by collectors.
- Own a piece of Canada’s natural beauty, painstakingly captured in a half-ounce of 99.99% pure silver.
- An excellent addition to any nature-focused or Canadiana collection.
- A beautiful gift or collectible for those who love wildlife, natural images, original artwork, and Canadian themes.
The reverse design by Canadian artist Trevor Tennant presents a portrait of three adult bison and a bison calf in their natural habitat. On the left in the foreground, the small knob-kneed calf walks calmly beside three adults as they graze with their enormous heads bent to the low grasses of the prairie. The largest adult, furthest from the viewer, has its head slightly raised as though listening and watching for danger. The bison’s’ shaggy fur and the colour variations between adults and calf are beautifully rendered through masterful engraving and the use of varied finishes.