Composition: Fine silver
Weight (g); 15.87
Diameter (mm); 34
Face Value: $10
Finish: Matte Proof
Artist: Claudio D'Angelo
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with custom beauty box
- The fourth coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting 2014 O Canada series featuring iconic images celebrating all that makes Canada unique showcases the moose!
- Masterfully crafted by Royal Canadian Mint engravers using a variety of engraving techniques and finishes to bring depth and texture to this stunning image of Canadian wildlife.
- A limited mintage of 40,000 coins means that this piece is sure to be sought after by collectors.
- Own a piece of Canada’s natural beauty, painstakingly captured in a half-ounce of 99.99% pure silver.
- An excellent addition to any nature-focused or Canadiana collection.
- A beautiful gift or collectible for those who love wildlife, natural images, original artwork, and Canadian themes.
This half-ounce coin is certified to be 99.99% pure silver with a diameter of 34 millimetres and a metal weight of 15.87 grams. The reverse design by Canadian artist Claudio D’Angelo presents a full-body profile portrait of a moose in its natural habitat. Despite its seeming ungainliness, here we see the moose moving with grace through its environment. Viewed from its left side, the tall creature is presented to stunning effect, its massive rack of antlers raised proudly as it walks along the shoreline of a northern waterway. Its large round snout, dangling dewlap, powerful neck and shoulders, and sleek musculature are evoked in dimensional detail by Royal Canadian Mint engravers. Three of its tall legs are partially submerged in the water below, its right hind leg raised above the water line as the moose steps forward. The water splashes gently before its quiet step. Water lilies line the foreground, while behind the moose we see a rocky, bush-lined shore giving way to a distant coniferous forest. The reverse is engraved with the word “CANADA,” the date “2014,” and the face value of “10 DOLLARS.” The outer frame of the image also features a miniature stylized moose antler. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.