One of North America’s most common rabbit species, the brown and grey-coloured eastern cottontail (Sylvilagus floridanus) can be found in rural and urban areas within southern Ontario, Quebec and Manitoba.
- The 2014 Special Edition Specimen Set is the 5th set in the Royal Canadian Mint’s young wildlife series.
- This beautifully detailed two-dollar coin is only available in this collection, which also includes Canada’s other 2014 circulation coins – all bearing the distinct lined background of a specimen finish.
- Your set comes protected by a customized beauty box that features the heartwarming image of two baby rabbits.
- A striking addition to any Canadiana or nature-themed collection.
- A wonderful set to begin a young person’s coin collection, and a unique learning tool that teaches them about Canada’s wildlife.
The reverse image on this bimetallic coin is designed by Canadian artist Pierre Leduc. Two young eastern cottontail rabbits are rendered in exquisite detail in this three-quarter portrait. Kept relatively hidden by the tall grass and vegetation that surrounds them, these furry cottontails sit quietly as they take in the scents, sights and sounds of their environment. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.