A symbol of this country’s vast wilderness, the iconic Canada goose (Branta canadensis) holds a special place in the hearts of many Canadians as a time-honoured harbinger of seasonal change; for each spring and fall, we are reminded of our enduring connection to nature as eyes instinctively lift up to admire these masters of the skies flying overhead in a distinctive V-formation, as depicted on this special coin.
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g)*: 26.51
Diameter (mm): 38
Face Value: $20
Artist: Tony Bianco
Packaging: Wooden box with graphic beauty box
- A breathtaking celebration of Canada’s namesake bird, the Canada goose, which is regarded as a master of Canada’s skies.
- Finely detailed engraving and finishes captures all the majesty of the goose in an exclusive group setting, with special attention paid to the textured outline of its plumage in a way that brings an added element of dimension to the design.
- This coin is crafted from 99.99% pure silver, with a coveted low mintage.
- Beautifully showcases the Royal Canadian Mint’s extraordinary level of craftsmanship that makes its coins highly valued, praised and sought-after by collectors.
- An exclusive opportunity to add a uniquely shaped non-lunar, scallop-edged fine silver coin to your collection – a Royal Canadian Mint first!
- A wonderful addition to any nature or Canadiana-themed collection, with a gorgeous design that can be appreciated by collectors and art appreciators alike.
The reverse design by Canadian artist Tony Bianco features a three-quarter profile of Canada geese in mid-flight—a scene that has been lovingly and meticulously recreated through finely detailed engraving. In this rare aerial close-up, the viewer seemingly takes to the skies alongside these majestic birds for their migratory journey. While their wings may not flap in unison, this skein of geese forms an exclusive, tight-knit group; heads and beaks pointed forward, they sport an almost determined expression as they move along the air currents together, each one carried by large wingspans as they collectively make their way towards their destination. An incredible attention to detail captures each goose’s characteristics including the contrast between dark and light plumage, and the textural outline of wing and tail feathers that brings an added element of dimension to the overall design. The coin’s unique scallop-shaped edging beautifully frames the reverse, which also features the engraved word “CANADA” and the face value “20 DOLLARS”.