From colourful flora to iconic fauna and landmarks, the breathtaking photographs of Canadian Geographic reflect the rich diversity of the Canadian experience. The eighth coin in the continuing Celebrating Canada’s 150th series showcases the Birthplace of Confederation—Prince Edward Island—through the beauty of the historic lighthouses found along its stunning coast.
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g)*: 15.87
Diameter (mm): 34
Face Value: $10
Finish: Matte proof
Artist: Robert Hamilton
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- EIGHTH in a 13-coin series that celebrates Canada’s 150th anniversary through each province or territory’s iconic flora, fauna, landscape or landmark!
- This collaborative series between the Royal Canadian Mint and Canadian Geographic magazine features striking designs based on unforgettable photographs from the bi-monthly publication.
- A new coin each month! Struck and printed in vibrant colour, each coin is presented in the order of the province or territory’s entry into Confederation.
- Collect each coin individually or subscribe today to guarantee a complete set! Each subscription includes a FREE one-year subscription to Canadian Geographic, plus a bonus premium wooden box...and you are guaranteed a lower price of $44.95 for each coin.
- An affordable way to introduce others to the joy of coin collecting while fostering a widespread appreciation for the incomparable beauty of Canada’s landscapes!
Based on a photograph taken by Canadian photographer Robert Hamilton, the reverse features vibrant colour over the detailed engraved image of a seaside setting in Prince Edward Island. The evening sun casts its golden light upon the landscape, where the island’s famously red rocks cast long shadows on the sand. On the grass-covered slope sits the province’s oldest wooden lighthouse, the Panmure Island Head, which was built in 1853 on the northeast shore of Panmure Island. This octagonal-shaped lighthouse and the structure next to it appear brighter against the blue sky; adding to the idyllic nature of the scene are the grazing horses to the left of the lighthouse, while to the right, a flock of birds take flight over the water’s edge. The reverse also features the engraved word “CANADA” and the dates “1867-2017” to commemorate the 150th anniversary of Confederation.
The RCM offers a deluxe collector case to store your 13 coins and it will be shipped to you with the first coin as part of this 13-coin subscription program.
Subscription item number: 155123