Imprinted upon our nation’s most important documents, the Great Seal of Canada signifies the sanction of the Crown, the authority of the government and the authenticity of the document in question. Through this beautifully engraved representation of a highly respected Canadian instrument of government, the Royal Canadian Mint proudly pays tribute to a ceremonial and administrative tradition that dates back to Confederation.
Item Number: 162362
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 30.76
Diameter (mm): 36
Face Value: $25
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- CELEBRATE TRADITION! A proud numismatic tribute to an official symbol of the highest order: the Great Seal of Canada!
- A FIRST-TIME PAIRING: Our first coin featuring selective gold plating AND ultra-high relief engraving!
- The gold plating casts a rich, golden glow over select elements on both the obverse and reverse, but it is particularly striking over our raised rendering of the Great Seal!
- Struck numerous times to ensure the crisp, flawless image seen on the reverse, the embossed figure of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II boasts outstanding depth and dimension, thanks to ultra-high relief engraving.
- Crafted from 99.99% pure silver, this is a rare opportunity for collectors to own an engraved representation of the current Great Seal, which was struck by the Royal Canadian Mint.
- A soon-to-be classic and superb addition to any collection—particularly those with a strong focus on historic, artistic and symbolic value!
The reverse design represents the current Great Seal of Canada, which was struck by the Royal Canadian Mint in 1952. While the coin’s 36 mm diameter provides a smaller canvas for this representation, nearly every element of Eric Aldwinckle’s design is in place. Engraved in ultra-high relief, the robed figure of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is enthroned on the Coronation Chair in Westminster Abbey, and holds the orb and sceptre in her hands. Framed by a band bearing the bilingual inscription “REINE DU CANADA – ELIZABETH II – QUEEN OF CANADA”, the embossed image basks in the golden hue of selective gold plating, which also adds an elegant touch to the rim on both the obverse and reverse. The obverse features the gold-plated effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt, along with the engraved word “CANADA”, the face value “25 DOLLARS” and the year “2017”.