After years of appearing on our coins, Superman finally breaks out of this coin’s reverse, where, for the first time ever, the beloved pop culture icon is re-imagined in sculptural form! The gold-plated, silver statuette on the reverse is not only a beautifully sculpted ode to the paragon of virtue — it’s a nod to all the Canadian talent who have played a part in his incredible journey.
Item Number: 166351
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Diameter: 65.25 mm
Face Value: $100
Artist: Jason Fabok
Sculptor: Matthew Porter
Packaging: Wood circular base with black beauty box
- Introducing the world’s first Superman sculpture coin: For the first time ever, Superman is re-imagined in sculptural form. The sculpture of The Last Son of Krypton is an incredible feat that “shatters” the boundary between 2D and 3D art on the reverse.
- We’ve re-teamed with a fan favourite: Comic book art meets numismatic art on the reverse. Sculpted by Royal Canadian Mint engraver Mathew Porter, the statuette on the reverse is based on an exclusive original art concept by one of Canada’s biggest names in the comic book industry: artist Jason Fabok.
- Magnificent gold plating adds a rich gleam to the silver sculpture of Superman, whose show of strength on the reverse may have been fuelled by Earth’s yellow sun.
- While the sculpture steals the spotlight on the reverse, the coin’s large surface bears an outstanding number of engraved design elements, including the return of Kryptonian glyphs (“SUPERMAN”) that speak to the character’s origins.
- Each one comes with an exclusive collector card that traces its journey from concept to coin, including Jason Fabok’s original art.
- Each coin is safely encapsulated in a dome-like capsule to help protect this uniquely shaped showpiece, which will add prestige to your collection.
Designed by Canadian comic book artist Jason Fabok, the reverse offers a statuesque take on The Last Son of Krypton. The silver sculpture of Superman appears to break out of the coin’s surface, where the boundary between 2D and 3D art has been “shattered” in a show of strength and resolve. As though exposed to the energy-giving rays of Earth’s yellow sun, Superman basks in the rich gleam of gold plating that highlights the sculpted work of Royal Canadian Mint engraver Matthew Porter. Superman’s gaze looks up towards the sky as he ascends with arms held out to the side, providing an unfettered view of the iconic ‘S’ emblazoned across his chest. The coin’s flat surface serves as a base, where the framed rim includes the engraved Kryptonian glyphs for “SUPERMAN” alongside the word “CANADA”, the year “2018” and the face value, “100 DOLLARS”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt and the word “CANADA”.