2018 FINE SILVER COLOURISED COIN SET CLASSIC CANADIAN COINS
- Ships September 2018
Canada’s circulation coins recount our unique history, stunning landscapes, and national pride. This story is intrinsically linked to the history of the Royal Canadian Mint itself. As the Mint celebrates its 110th anniversary, we’re releasing this first-of-its kind set, featuring full-colour versions of Canadian circulation coinage and a stunning commemorative medallion.
Item Number: 168501
Packaging: Genuine leather book-style packaging
- First time in stunning colour! This is the first time Canada’s iconic circulation coin designs have been included in a colourised collection at standard sizes.
- The unique medallion features detailed depictions of the Royal Canadian Mint buildings in Ottawa and Winnipeg, marking 110 years since the opening of Canada’s own mint in Ottawa.
- The medallion features a unique finish: proof on the reverse and reverse proof on the obverse to highlight the features of each building.
- Canada’s circulation coin designs date back as far as 1937 and highlight uniquely Canadian themes and imagery. They’re sought after by collectors around the world.
- Every coin features a stunning mirror proof finish, highlighting their colourful reverse designs.
- Each coin specification is clearly listed in the official certificate of authenticity.
The medallion features designs by Kristin McPherson. Its reverse shows the turreted façade of the Ottawa branch of the Royal Canadian Mint, as viewed from beyond its wrought iron security fence, while the obverse features the iconic silhouette of the Winnipeg building, where standard circulation coins are made.