The first coin in the new 4 coin bison series—celebrating the largest land animal in North America, a symbol of strength, and an important part of the history of the Prairies region of Canada.
Composition: Fine silver
Weight (g): 31.39
Diameter (mm): 38
Face Value: $20
Edge: Plain with edge lettering
Artist: Doug Comeau
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with custom beauty box
Finished size: 67 mm x 67 mm
- This finely detailed coin offers a close-up glimpse of the remarkable physical attributes of the wood bison, the largest species of bison in North America.
- A unique gift and collectible that celebrates Canada’s fauna, and a species that shaped the history of the Prairies region of Canada.
- A striking addition to any Canadiana- or animal-themed collection.
- This proof coin has been enhanced with three different finishes that accentuate the facial features of the bison.
- Comes with a custom graphic beauty box featuring a colourized version of the coin design.
- 2013 Bald Eagle series sold out quickly!
This 20-dollar coin is certified to be 99.99% pure silver, with a metal weight of 31.39 grams and a diameter of 38 millimetres. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt. The reverse image by Canadian artist Doug Comeau is a front-facing portrait of a wood bison. The bison’s distinctive shoulder hump stands in contrast to the darker-coloured mane and the curved horns. The bison is standing still, its calm gaze fixed upon the intrusion in its otherwise natural environment. Above it, the word “CANADA” is engraved, while the face value of “20 DOLLARS” and the date “2014” are engraved below the wood bison. The coin also features edge lettering with the words “1 OZ FINE SILVER 1 OZ ARGENT PUR” engraved in a repeating pattern around the coin’s edge.