Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Mintage: : 31.39
Diameter (mm): 38
Face Value: $25
Artist: Claudio D’Angelo
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with custom beauty box
- The third coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting 2014 O Canada series featuring iconic images celebrating all that makes Canada unique showcases the majestic maple tree.
- Masterfully crafted by Royal Canadian Mint engravers using a variety of engraving techniques and finishes to bring depth and texture to the artist’s rich original depiction of an iconic Canadian childhood experience.
- A very limited mintage of only 8,500 coins means that this piece is sure to be sought after by collectors.
- Own a piece of the Canadian experience, painstakingly captured in a full ounce of 99.99% pure silver.
- An excellent addition to any commemorative, nature-focused, maple leaf-themed or Canadiana-themed collection.
- A beautiful gift or collectible for those who love coins that capture precious moments, the maple leaf image, the outdoors, natural images, original artwork, and Canadian themes.
This $25 coin is 99.99% pure silver, with a diameter of 38 millimetres and a metal weight of 31.39 grams. The wistful reverse design by Canadian artist Claudio D’Angelo presents a wide-angled view of a precious childhood moment captured under the shade of a grand old sugar maple. Two boys spend a sunny day lazing around outside. In the lower left corner of the image, one young man sits playfully on a tree swing. He looks up at his companion: a baseball-capped boy in shorts sitting on the large bough from which the swing is suspended. Viewed from under the tree’s shade, through the frame of a cluster of sugar maple leaves, the scene presents with touching detail the thick bark, gnarled roots, and stately trunk and branches of the iconic tree. In the distant background we see a wide, open park backed by a cluster of deciduous trees. The reverse is engraved with the word “CANADA,” the date “2014,” and the face value of “25 DOLLARS.” The outer frame of the image also features two stylized sugar maple leaves. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.