The sixth silver coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s O Canada series focusing on iconic Canadian images, this beautiful coin celebrates the iconic Canada Goose
Item Number: 129093
Composition: 99.99% fine silver
Weight (g): 15.87
Diameter (mm): 34
Face Value: $10
Finish: Matte Proof
Artist: Jean Charles Daumas
Packaging: Marron clamshell with custom beauty box
Finished size: 67 mm x 67 mm
- The sixth coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting 2014 O Canada series featuring iconic images celebrating all that makes Canada unique showcases the iconic Canada Goose.
- Masterfully crafted by Royal Canadian Mint engravers using a variety of engraving techniques and finishes to bring depth and texture to this stunning image of Canadian wildlife.
- A limited mintage of 40,000 coins means that this piece is sure to be sought after by collectors.
- Own a piece of the Canadian experience, painstakingly captured in a half-ounce of 99.99% pure silver.
- An excellent addition to any commemorative, nature-focused, maple leaf-themed or Canadiana-themed collection.
- A beautiful gift or collectible for those who love coins that capture precious moments, the maple leaf image, the outdoors, natural images, original artwork and Canadian themes.
This $10 coin is 99.99% pure silver, with a diameter of 34 millimetres and a metal weight of 15.87 grams. The reverse design by Canadian artist Jean-Charles Daumas presents an image of a Canada goose in its natural habitat, its wings outstretched in a stance expressing dominance or warning. Viewed from the back with its beautiful wings rendered in fine detail, the goose looks out across marshy waters, its long neck and graceful black head held high. It stands on its legs with its black-tipped white tail raised above the water. Marsh reeds dot the water on both sides of the goose and poke from the water’s surface in the background. The reverse is engraved with the word “CANADA,” the date “2014,” and the face value of “10 DOLLARS.” The outer frame of the image also features a miniature stylized Canada goose head. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.