The maple leaf is a powerful Canadian national symbol. Its popularity is largely due to the fact that it is such a big part of everyday life in Canada. First Nations people have long treasured the maple; they were the first to savour its delicious springtime sap. The maple shaped the lives of Canada’s first settlers in countless ways and ultimately became synonymous with the ideals that lured them here – hope, opportunity and freedom that make the maple leaf a timeless keepsake to inspire generations.
Item Number: 134073
Composition: 99.99% fine silver
Weight (g)*: 1,000
Diameter (mm): 102.1
Face Value: $250
Artist: Pierre Leduc
Packaging: Maplewood case with custom beauty box
- Struck in a stunning kilogram of fine silver and enhanced with 4 different finishes that accent the unique design.
- Two colours of translucent enamel have been added by hand to bring out the added beauty of fluid, glassy colour to this design — only the Mint’s third kilogram coin to be enhanced with this glass-like effect!
- Astounding 4-inch diameter transforms this exceptional coin into a unique sculpted work of art.
- An exceptional souvenir of Canada and a powerful expression of national pride. This coin is a must for serious numismatists seeking to enrich their collections with breathtaking, one-of-a-kind coins.
- An exclusive collecting opportunity with only 600 coins available worldwide.
Canadian artist Pierre Leduc has created a beautiful design of two maple leaves, selectively enamelled in red and green to reflect the ever-changing beauty of Canada’s national symbol through the seasons, with rays of sunshine in the background accented with matte and brilliant finishes