No other symbol is as synonymous with Canada as its distinctive red-and-white flag. To Canadians at home and abroad, the red maple leaf unites us and instills a sense of belonging regardless of our different cultures, languages and beliefs. As the National Flag of Canada celebrates its 50th anniversary, the Royal Canadian Mint proudly pays tribute to a beloved national symbol by showcasing the flag on the annual Proof Silver Dollar.
Packaging: genuine leather book-style packaging
Finished size: 190 mm x 125 mm
Face Value - Composition - Weight (g)* - Diameter (mm) - Edge
Proof dollar - 99.99% pure silver with selective colouring - 23.17 - 36.07 - Reeded
2 dollars - 99.99% pure silver with gold-plated inner core/ - 9.0 - 28.0 - Interrupted serrations
1 dollar - 99.99% pure silver, gold plated - 7.9 - 11-sided 26.50 - Plain
50 cents - 99.99% pure silver - 9.25 - 27.13 - Reeded
25 cents - 6.0 - 23.88
10 cents - 2.45 - 18.05
5 cents - 5.40 - 21.20 - Plain
- The Royal Canadian Mint’s renowned artistry and craftsmanship bring to life this stunning design that celebrates the 50th anniversary of Canada’s flag through the use of symbolic imagery.
- The 99.99% Fine Silver Proof Dollar features selective colouring which is only available in this set, and also includes selective gold plating on the $2 and $1 coins.
- This collectible piece allows the collector to celebrate their pride for their country and commemorate a milestone in Canadian history.
- A beautiful addition to any Canadiana-themed collection.
- A meaningful gift for those whose love for their country runs deep.