During a winter snowfall, each snowflake joins with other unique snow crystals to blanket the Earth with mounds of soft, glistening powder. It's a magical effect, one that breathes peace and beauty into Canada's wintry landscape, and it all begins with these exceptional flakes floating effortlessly from above—as they do on the “sparkling” reverse of this winter-themed, fine silver coin.
- Celebrate winter at its finest! Not one but THREE magnificent snowflakes add a scintillating beauty to this showcase of some of the unique snowflake shapes found in nature.
- Frozen beauty: Blue sparkle enamel gives our engraved snowflakes an almost life-like appearance that truly captures its icy essence.
- No two are alike? An outstanding attention to engraved details, right down to each ice crystal’s carefully etched arms.
- Crafted from 1 oz. 99.99% pure silver that provides the perfect backdrop to this winter theme.
- A must-have for winter enthusiasts and collectors! A particularly striking gift for anyone who revels in the quiet joys of a Canadian winter and delights in the magic of holding a snowflake (or three) in one’s hand.
Item Number: 162196
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 31.39
Diameter (mm): 38
Face Value: $20
Artist: Don Komarechka
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
The reverse design by Canadian artist Don Komarechka transports the viewer outdoors on a winter day, to experience the magic of an idyllic snowfall. Finely detailed engraving presents a sampling of different shapes and sizes of snow crystals that may be found in nature, depending on atmospheric conditions. As our ice crystals softly tumble down from the silvery sky overhead, the eye is naturally drawn to the up-close view of three frozen wonders that are the true stars of this winter-themed design. Blue sparkle enamel masterfully captures the icy beauty of the six-sided dendrite and hexagon-shaped ice crystals, whose complexities and shine are artfully heightened by the brilliance of a proof finish. The reverse features the engraved word “CANADA”, the year “2018”, and the face value “20 DOLLARS”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.